Me vs Me: The Journey That Changed Me
"The hardest battles in life are not fought against the world—they are fought within ourselves."
Introduction
Life rarely unfolds the way we imagine.
We make plans, set goals, and picture a future that seems almost certain. But sometimes life takes an unexpected turn, leading us down roads we never intended to travel. Those moments can leave us feeling confused, uncertain, and even defeated.
Looking back on the past few years, I realize that my greatest battle was never against rejection, unemployment, or failure.
It was a battle between the person I was and the person I wanted to become.
It was a journey of Me vs Me.
The Dream That Didn't Go as Planned
After completing my Full Stack Java Development course, I was filled with hope and excitement.
Like every fresh graduate, I believed that my career would begin soon. I imagined myself stepping into the corporate world, applying the skills I had worked so hard to learn, and finally becoming financially independent.
But reality had other plans.
Throughout 2023, I applied for countless jobs, attended interviews, and waited patiently for responses. Sometimes companies showed interest. Sometimes interviews went well enough to make me believe an offer was just around the corner.
But many of those hopes quietly disappeared.
Some companies rejected me.
Others simply never replied.
A few ghosted me completely after the interview process.
At first, I convinced myself that it was normal.
But as weeks turned into months, disappointment slowly became part of my daily life.
When Self-Doubt Becomes Your Biggest Enemy
Rejections don't just affect your career.
They affect your confidence.
Every unanswered email and every missed opportunity made me question myself.
"Am I not good enough?"
"Did I choose the wrong career?"
"What am I doing wrong?"
Those questions stayed with me longer than the rejection itself.
The hardest part wasn't hearing "no."
The hardest part was hearing nothing at all.
There were days when I genuinely felt lost. I kept trying to learn new technologies, hoping that one more skill would finally make the difference.
I would start something new, study for weeks, and then suddenly wonder whether I was even walking in the right direction.
The more I searched for answers outside, the more confused I became inside.
An Unexpected Turn
Then something happened that I never expected.
One day, my father asked me to spend some time helping him at his clinic.
At first, it wasn't a career decision.
It was simply a way to help him while figuring out my own future.
I had no idea that this small decision would quietly change my life.
Discovering Homeopathy
The clinic introduced me to a world I had never truly understood before.
Every day, I watched patients arrive carrying pain, fear, and hope.
I observed my father carefully listening to them, understanding their problems, and prescribing treatments with patience and compassion.
Slowly, my curiosity grew.
I began reading about homeopathy.
I started learning about remedies, principles, and the philosophy behind natural healing.
What began as simple curiosity gradually became a genuine interest.
Without even realizing it, I spent nearly two years learning and understanding homeopathy.
Healing More Than Patients
Those two years taught me something much deeper than medicine.
They taught me patience.
During a time when I constantly questioned my own future, the clinic became a place where my mind slowly found peace.
Watching people recover reminded me that healing takes time.
Not every wound is visible.
Some wounds exist in the mind.
Some exist in our confidence.
Some exist in our dreams.
Ironically, while I was learning how healing works, I was quietly healing myself.
The clinic didn't just change my understanding of medicine.
It changed my understanding of life.
Starting Again
Even while learning homeopathy, one part of me never completely let go of my original dream.
I still wanted to build my own professional career.
Eventually, I made another difficult decision.
I decided to begin again.
This time, I started learning networking.
It wasn't easy returning to student mode after everything that had happened.
There were moments when doubt returned.
But something inside me had changed.
This version of me was more patient.
More disciplined.
More resilient.
I was no longer chasing quick success.
I was building myself one step at a time.
A New Beginning
Then, in January 2026, life finally rewarded my persistence.
I received an opportunity to work as a Technical Support Engineer, the role I currently hold today.
It wasn't simply a job offer.
It was proof that every setback, every rejection, every period of uncertainty had prepared me for this moment.
The years that once felt wasted suddenly became meaningful.
Nothing had been pointless.
Every experience had shaped me into someone stronger than the person who first graduated years earlier.
The Real Battle
When I reflect on my journey today, I realize something important.
The biggest challenge was never unemployment.
It was never rejection.
It was never learning new skills.
The real challenge was refusing to lose hope when life stopped making sense.
The greatest battle wasn't against the companies that rejected me.
It wasn't against circumstances.
It wasn't against bad luck.
The greatest battle was against myself.
The version of me that wanted to give up...
versus...
the version of me that quietly kept moving forward.
The version that was filled with doubt...
versus...
the version that chose hope.
The version that feared failure...
versus...
the version that decided to begin again.
Conclusion
My story is still being written.
I continue to learn every day—not only as a Technical Support Engineer but also as a person.
Looking back, I no longer see those difficult years as wasted time.
They became the years that shaped my character.
They taught me resilience, patience, humility, and the importance of trusting the process even when the destination isn't visible.
Life is not measured by how quickly we reach success.
It is measured by how many times we find the courage to continue despite uncertainty.
Today, I understand that success isn't about never falling.
It is about always finding the strength to rise again.
And that is why my journey will always remain...
Me vs Me.
Because the hardest battle I have ever fought wasn't against the world.
It was against the person who wanted to give up.
And every day I choose to become someone stronger than I was yesterday.

Comments
Post a Comment